TONY KYNASTON'S QUALITY AT VALUE QAV
Why am I buying, holding or selling a share? If you can't answer that basic question, then you don't have a plan.
The best investors have a plan and are ruthless in their execution of that plan. I've been fortunate to meet many great investors on the podcast. Tony Kynaston is one of the best. He has a clear & systematic approach to investing that is honest, sensible, & methodical. It's also worked for over 2 decades. He's also a nice guy.
Tony is a multi-millionaire professional value investor who lives in Sydney. Thanks to the QAV investing checklist system he developed, the average return on his portfolio over the last 30 years has been 19.5% per annum (Always remember that past performance is not indicative of future returns).
HOW QAV WORKS
- Nothing is based on “gut feeling” or “intuition”. Every buy and sell is determined by pre-established rules.
- The QAV Checklist is the core of the system. It contains ~20 fundamental data points that are taken from publicly-available sources.
- An analysis is run to determine each stock’s “QAV Score”. Any stock which gets a final score higher than 0.1 goes on the buy list.
- When there is room in the portfolio (which is limited to 15-20 stocks), you buy the stock with the highest QAV score.
- You only sell a stock if it breaches one of QAV's strict sell conditions.
- If you just want to dip your toes in the water, sign up for QAV Light to get regular buy recommendations. Use the coupon code SFBLIGHT
- When you're ready to get serious about investing, you'll want to join QAV Club and become a QAV Black Belt. Use the coupon code SFB
Learn more about Tony and QAV in this interview and video where Tony explains how he developed and perfected his checklist
In the interests of transparency
I receive a commission on subscriptions to QAV. This helps me to continue my work educating newcomers to the share market. You will receive a discount by using these links/coupon codes. I only recommend products and services that I use and trust myself or where I have interviewed and/or met the founders and have assured myself that they’re offering something of value. QAV is authorised under the Corporations Act to provide financial services. The financial services are provided as a Corporate Authorised Representative (CAR 001292718) of MF & Co. Asset Management Pty Ltd (AFSL 520442). Here's a link to the QAV Financial Services Guide.