Rob Gilmour is a wealth manager helping private clients to understand their money choices. He’s a self-confessed financial nerd and he offers a range of skills from accounting and law to financial planning.
- How the actual mechanics of share trading haven’t really changed for many decades even though paper share certificates and graph paper aren't used any more.
- Own a share and you own a part of a company.
- How easy it can be to get caught up in hype around a share.
- The classic text about share trading - Reminisces of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefèvre a thinly disguised biography of Jesse Livermore who was one of the greatest share traders ever.
- Managed Funds, ETFs and LICs what do they mean?
Rob's website is https://wealthsimplicity.com/ if you'd like to have a chat. Don't forget to mention this podcast if you get in touch.
Portfolio tracker Sharesight tracks your trades, shows your true performance, and saves you time and money at tax time. Get 4 months free at this link
Disclosure: The links provided are affiliate links. I will be paid a commission if you use this link to make a purchase. You will also usually receive a discount by using these links/coupon codes. I only recommend products and services that I use and trust myself.
Shares for Beginners is for information and educational purposes only. It isn’t financial advice, and you shouldn’t buy or sell any shares based on what you’ve heard here. Any opinion or commentary is the view of the speaker only not Shares for Beginners. This podcast doesn’t replace professional advice regarding your personal financial needs, circumstances or current situation.