Rob Gilmour is a wealth manager helping private clients to understand their money choices. He’s a self-confessed financial nerd and he offers a range of skills from accounting and law to financial planning.
- How the actual mechanics of share trading haven’t really changed for many decades even though paper share certificates and graph paper aren't used any more.
- Own a share and you own a part of a company.
- How easy it can be to get caught up in hype around a share.
- The classic text about share trading - Reminisces of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefèvre a thinly disguised biography of Jesse Livermore who was one of the greatest share traders ever.
- Managed Funds, ETFs and LICs what do they mean?
Sharesight is the best portfolio tracking tool in the known universe - and they are pleased to extend a SPECIAL OFFER to listeners of this podcast: Save 4 months on an annual premium plan! Click here and sign up now for a 7 day free trial.
Shares for Beginners is for information and educational purposes only. It isn’t financial advice, and you shouldn’t buy or sell any shares based on what you’ve heard here. Any opinion or commentary is the view of the speaker only not Shares for Beginners. This podcast doesn’t replace professional advice regarding your personal financial needs, circumstances or current situation.