Another market update. Should you be edging back into the market now? Maybe, maybe not. Picking the bottom is impossible and if you wait for the coast to be clear, markets will have already taken off. There are no easy answers.
Rob Gilmour from Wealth Simplicity kindly dropped in to share his views and to look beyond the noise. This was recorded at 9am on Wednesday March 18, 2020
- The quickest onset of a bear market in history
- What is it like to live through a recession
- Don't sell if you don't have to
- Lessons from the GFC - selling at the bottom of the market
- It's almost impossible to know when to get back in.
- The difference between today and the GFC
- Staying away from leveraged or synthetic ETFs
- And finally - we will be going into tough times - but things will eventually get better.
"Stay safe and look after each other"
And a special bonus bark of optimism from Bear the Studio Pooch. This is her after a recent operation - fortunately successful.
Shares for Beginners is for information and educational purposes only. It isn’t financial advice, and you shouldn’t buy or sell any investments based on what you’ve heard here. Any opinion or commentary is the view of the speaker only not Shares for Beginners. This podcast doesn’t replace professional advice regarding your personal financial needs, circumstances or current situation.